Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Basketball Champ!


Lisa   Kathryn   Kristina   Jared   Aaron

Kristina finally came home Saturday. She’ll be staying almost four months.  It is so wonderful to have her back, however she’ll be moving to Bountiful. She’ll be returning to BYU Hawaii, and will graduate next May. We have pretty much adopted Kathryn, we just haven’t figured out how to do the paperwork. The problem is her birthparents won’t sign the paperwork giving her up. So I guess we share her with them! To Kathryn, I am Mama G. Jared has good days and some bad days. 



Last night Jared and Aaron went to play basketball. I was exciting that Jared was feeling up to it.  When they got home Aaron wasn’t too happy. After that Aaron started to question if Jared really had cancer. I was thrilled! It’s a good thing I wasn’t there I would have been screaming for Jared to win, but I wouldn’t have wanted to make Aaron feel bad. But I would have loved to see Jared play like he use to. After that, with a smile on his face, Aaron said, he doubted his brother was really sick. It’s so great to have those days! 

Aaron and Jared


Jared & Cocoa
This year we lost Cocoa, our family pet of fifteen years.She really thought Jared was her child. She would sit on the stairs and wait for him to come home. One morning in November, Jared came downstairs and announced, “We are not going one more day with out a dog! I know you’ve been looking for one. Just tell me where to go, and I’ll go get her”. He came home with Laina Belle.
Belle adores her boys and their friends!
Laina Belle
She is Jared’s sidekick. Belle follows Jared everywhere. It’s kind of funny, because she gets really hyper, just like Jared. Jared always lets me know Belle is his dog! Even in the hospital, Jared asked for special permission to see Belle on his birthday. 



At first Aaron was told by National Guard, that he wouldn’t be home for Christmas. When he found out he could, he decided to surprise Kristina. It was interesting that they flew home on the same day. Aaron made it home in the afternoon. Jared gave me careful instructions on how to have Kristina in the Kitchen. It was so fun having her here.
Belle & Jared



She had not seen Belle before, so she picked her up on the way into the kitchen. Once Kristina was in the kitchen, Jared announced, “Kristina, Aaron and I got you a special gift for Christmas”. At that point Aaron walked in, still in uniform. Kristina screamed, which scared poor little Belle. Belle started yelping almost as loud as Kristina’s bloodcurdling scream.
Then Kristina sat on the floor and sobbed.
Aaron had to sit on the floor and hold her. Belle was scared of Kristina all through Christmas Vacation. I was so glad Belle isn’t scared of Kristina any more. It’s so interesting that along with this life challenging learning lesson, we are blessed in so many way. Belle reminds me so much of Jared, and has such a strong personality. This little dog loves hanging out with Jared and his friends. It’s like she was made to order just for Jared.
Belle
Lisa   Kathryn   Kristina   Jared   Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment