Wednesday, March 19, 2014

He's the Man

                                                                                       

On Saturday, February 1, Jared wrote on Facebook:
1st Lumbar Puncture 2 weeks ago showed 89% Leukemia Cells in my spine.5th Lumbar Puncture results came in today and I have 0% Leukemia Cells in my spine. I'm a fighter and you ALL are an INSPIRATION to me. Doctors told me I'm:’Amazing Them’ Thank You ALL for your Prayers, Love, And Support to me they do more then Chemotherapy. God Bless You All.”

On Sunday, February 2, Ginger  wrote on Facebook:
Life is so unpredictable! Two months ago at 5:30 in the morning, if Jared had asked me to go get; 2 bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddles, 2 hash browns, a large Mango Pineapple smoothie, and a large O.J. I would have told him to take a hike, no way! However, this morning I was so grateful! Two and a half weeks of Chemo and not only does that sound good, but he craves it. I am grateful he isn’t nauseated. I am grateful that only a few mornings he has been a little nauseated. I’m grateful that the leukemia cells in his spine have dropped from 89 percent to 0 percent to two weeks. I’m grateful he moves his face more each day. 
Today I’m mostly grateful he’s alive. Without treatments he would have only had two weeks. Jared is so right, life can change so fast. Don’t misunderstand, if your healthy child asks you to run and get McDonalds at 5:30 a.m., tell them to take a hike... But for today, give everyone in your family an extra hug and tell them you love them. Let your friends know how much you love them. Don’t let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Be grateful for everything you've been given! Happy Sunday everybody. I am grateful I am his mom!

On Wednesday, February 5, Ginger wrote on Facebook:
Today we got the best news ever! Jared is leukemia free! They don't call it remission until he's clear for a month. We still have a three and half years. The war is not won yet, but the biggest battle has been fought and WON! He'll be HOME Friday! He's amazing. We want to thank each one of you, for we did not fight On Wednesday, February 5, Kristina wrote on Facebook: So there's this song called: ‘The Man’ by: Aloe Blacc and it starts out like this.. Girl you can tell everybody

Yeah you can tell everybody Go ahead and tell everybody
I'm the man I'm the man I'm the man
Yes I am yes I am yes I am                                          
I'm the man I'm the man I'm the man

Every time this song comes on, I think of my little brother... Well, guess who for sure is THE MAN today?? Jared Larsen is FOR SURE THE MAN! My mom called today crying and said, "Do you want to hear some REALLLLLLY good news?" Yes, Yes I do. He just got his results from his 6th Spinal Tap and Bone Marrow Tap and BOTH are 0%!!! COMPLETELY CLEAR! HE'S GOING HOME FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will not need a bone marrow transplant, and will be in the comfort of our home in just two days!! It will be 3 weeks and 1 day (on Friday) since he's been in the hospital--the doctors said he'd be there for at least 4-6 weeks. He told them he'll be out in 3...

this battle alone. Thank you, thank you, thank you! All our love!
And he will be!! We can't call it remission till its been gone for a month, we will be saying that he is in remission... for good!! It'll be 6 months of intense therapy, and then 3 more years of treatments, but after the past 21 days, I know my family, and Jared himself, can handle it without breaking a sweat! We are so grateful for all of your prayers, love and support! Because of you, WE have beat this cancer! He has learned so much from the experience (all of us have) and we know Jared will continue to fight and inspire people for the rest of his life. We are so grateful for our Savior and His comfort and love Jared, and the rest of us have felt through this trial of faith. Blessed couldn't even begin to describe how we feel as a family. This one is a FIGHTER!

I told Jared that he was a stripling warrior. I told him that the stripling warriors were promised their lives would be preserved. The stripling warriors were preserved from death, however all of them were wounded. Some of them were seriously wounded, but they all lived. I told him that I believed he would be preserved from death, however he would be seriously wounded. Heavenly Father will always strengthen us during times of difficulty and bless us with the things we need. Ultimately, He
will give eternal blessings to us when we obey His commandments. When we can’t do it on our own, he will carry our burden for us. I told Jared I was so proud of how well he endured the pain. He said, "It’s not me. He took my place, and did it for me."
I wonder if this is how the mothers of the stripling warriors felt as they sent their sons to battle. On bended knees they must of also said "thy will be done". They must have known that the Savior saw the whole picture. That he knew what those young men needed to learn. He knew what all of us needed to learn from their example. Jared had so many visitors. The first night in the hospital, they put us in a bigger room. When Jared’s friends came to see him, it helped him so much. I would tell them that they were all stripling warriors helping Jared fight this battle.
On Thursday, February 6, Jared wrote on Facebook: 
"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest"
Past few weeks have been the hardest time of my life but also my greatest learning experience. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I don't want the easy way. Wednesday the night before I found out I had cancer I prayed and asked god if I could have leukemia so someone else wouldn't have to then give it to me. My family and friends have made the ULTIMATE sacrifice for me and if going through this trial helps them or anyone in anyway I'll do it. I just wanted to Thank You ALL for your Love,      Prayers, & Support.






Barbie Larsen wrote on Facebook:
This is you buddy!!










I was amazed at the courage and faith my son faced this battle with. He was so positive, and strong. One night his nurse stopped me in the halls and said, “Is Jared mad at me? I have heard that he is so funny and positive.” I was a
little confused, and asked her a few questions.  I finally realized what the problem was. I said, “You don’t know do you? Jared has some paralysis in his face. He can’t smile” No one had told her he couldn’t smile. They just talked about how positive, and funny he was. One nurse told me his daughter had been complaining. He said to her, “I have a 19 year old boy at work that is fighting for his life, and he never complains. I don’t want to hear you complain”.

I told Jared I brought a child to LDS Hospital, but I’m leaving with a man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment