Friday, June 20, 2014

DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH FAITH TO MOVE MOUNTAINS?


DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH FAITH TO MOVE MOUNTAINS? It’s a question we ask ourselves as a life changing learning experience enters our life. It’s a question a loving Heavenly Father spends a lifetime trying to teach us. I remember back as Jared was first diagnosed with leukemia. As a mother I just wanted my son to be better. I didn’t want to see him in pain. I didn’t want to see the fear in his eyes of what his future might hold. I wanted to make it better. I wanted to fix it. We see the here and now. Again I ask myself DO I HAVE ENOUGH FAITH TO MOVE MOUNTAINS?  When Jared got his blood clot, I felt so helpless as I watched my son suffer indescribable pain. If I could only control the situation. If I had faith enough to move mountains couldn’t I remove the blood clot from his brain? I’ve been listening to a story tape about the Willie and Martin handcart companies. In one part a little girl is dying. After she receives a blessing, there is hope the beautiful little girl, that brings so much joy, will recover. The family and friends join to put a loved little girl to rest in a watery grave. The question is asked, “Why didn’t the blessing save her?” Is life that simple? If we have enough faith to move mountains, and we are a good person, shouldn’t we be able to control our life. Sounds wonderful to us that only see today. Seems confusing that a Father, who loves our child more than we a capable of, does not take away leukemia. What is a miracle? Is it always healing the sick? Is it always stopping a car accident? Is it always moving a mountain? Do we sometimes get confused about what a miracle is? Daniel H. Ludlow, in the Encyclopedia of Mormonism, defines miracle as “a beneficial event brought about through divine power that mortals do not understand and of themselves cannot duplicate.”  Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! Where’s that thing about moving mountains? I like the idea, that I can move mountains if I believe! Jared and I have experienced different miracles than moving mountains. We have seen the miracle of understanding, learning, comfort, growth, and long suffering. We have experienced the miracle of compassionate friends and family. We have experience the miracle of someone being there to help us make it through the moment, when we thought we couldn’t make it. We have experience the miracle of someone giving their all to us, and thanking us for the experience. We experienced the miracle of the phone call that comes when it’s needed? Yes we can move mountains with enough faith! Moses parted the red sea! But don’t forget the small print! If there were small print it would most likely say something like, “Remember the purpose of our life on earth is to grow, develop, and to be strengthened through our own experiences. Remember your Heavenly Father knows what is best, and he loves us the most. The mountain will only move if it is his will!” There was a man that brought his child to the Savior. He begged to Savior to heal he’s son. The Savior asked, “Do you believe?” The man responded, “Help me in my unbelief”. The Savior heals the boy! The man did not have the faith to move mountains. However he was humble enough to trust the Savior. He asked with a pure and humble heart. It’s so wonderful we don’t have to have enough faith to move mountains. We don’t have to be perfect to have our miracle. We just do our best and ask! In my experience, it takes far more to say thy will be done, than to move a mountain! To know that means your child may be returning to a Heavenly home, when you say "Thy will be done!" It's easier to have faith you can move that mountain. However even that will only happen, if it is his will! Faith is believing in Heavenly Father, and his will. Faith is giving up control of a situation, and controlling what we learn from it!

Yes we are in he hospital, for our last hospital over night over night treatment stay. We got here Monday and are hoping to leave today. However it all depends on our labs. We should know around 2 p.m. We are praying, but understand it was in God’s hands! 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. They help to strengthen my own faith. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete