Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Reported!


Jared was gone from being deported to being reported! Yesterday they put a new port on the right side of his chest. This port is under the skin, so we don’t have the high risk of an infection going to his chest. Now Jared will be able to take showers and go swimming. Jared will continue to receive chemo in low doses for the next three years, so the new port keeps his blood veins from collapsing. Because it was minor surgery, he is currently in a lot of pain. Saturday he finished the radiation treatments (and no, he doesn’t glow in the dark). His head is extremely sensitive, so we shaved it again. I can’t even imagine what it has been like for Jared these last nine months, having to realize you might be facing death. It's just not something a 19 year-old boy should have to think about. I see him wondering what he may never experience in this life, not knowing if he’ll get married or ever have children, however he keeps a positive attitude. After my accident it was hard for my children when they realized they really could lose their mom. Now they know without a doubt how fragile life can be. We never know when we might be called to our eternal home. Jared has told me he’s not afraid of death, but I think it’s the fear of not getting to experience everything you look forward to when your growing up. But for now, I am more than confident he will continue growing up and will be able to experience all of these things and I can't wait to watch him do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment